Eastern and Southern African Managemenl Institute (ESAMI) is an
intergovernmental regional management development centre. The institute
was established with the primary objective of providing the region with
Lrained personnel in a number of critical areas including policy
management, transportation management, financial management, information
technology management, health management, human resources managemenl,
project managemenl, energy and environment management and gender
management among others.
ESAMI seeks the services of a suitably qualified person to fill the post of Head Cook at its Headquarters, Arusha, Tanzania.
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
Duties and Responsibilities
the Manager Human Capital, the Head Cook is responsible for day today
running, management and preparation of food ensuring the catering
services are provided to the required standards including:
- Coordinating and monitoring food preparation and presentation for effective & efficient catering;
- Planning weekly menus and constantly updating them paying attention to seasonal availability;
- Preparation, seasoning and cooking various foods as per the planned menu;
- Prepare work schedules for the unit’s activities such as food production, cleaning, slock taking,
- Initiate food pun hases and daily food requisition from store to kitchen;
- Monitoring stock levels for consistency and timely supply of materials;
- Daily consistent check of all supplies before usage to ensure freshness and flavor;
that the Kitchen, storage facilities and all work areas are kept clean
and tidy in conformity with health and safely regulations and promptly
report any maintenance issues;
- Attend to customer complaints and offer practical solutions; and
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within Lhe budgeted levels agreed
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma holder in Food production or relevant qualification with three
(3) years relevant experience in a busy hotel or Institution of higher
Competence and Skills
- This position calls for strong organizational and communication skills among others;
- Demonstrated knowledge of food production, food portion control and c.ost optimization;
- Knowledge of food and health and safety standards;
- Strong organizational, team player, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meeting tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literacy especially in MS-office, email and internet Mode of Application
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General ESAMI,
P.O. BOX 3030
Only applications sent by email will be considered
Closing Date: 05th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.