|Tembo Nickel Corporation
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
About Tembo Nickel Corporation
Tembo Nickel Corporation
(“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19
January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of
Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara
District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement
terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the
Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining,
processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper
co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents
strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a
sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical
battery minerals to the world.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
SITE PROJECT LEAD- KAHAMA
Nickel is seeking to recruit a Site Project Lead to join the Tembo
Nickel Project Team. This is a senior role reporting to the Country
Manager and the successful candidate is expected to play a critical role
in the initial stage of designing and construction of the Kahama site.
We are looking for an experienced individual to plan and supervise a
wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will
organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are
completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction
Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies
and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of
different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate
will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
Duty Station-Tembo Nickel Project site-Kahama
This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the Country Manager.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
the needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to
finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the same or related role.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities, computer literate and fully conversant with basic computer applications.
Nickel is seeking to recruit a Permitting Officer to join the Tembo
Nickel Project Team. The successful candidate will be accountable for
all permits and licenses required for smooth execution of the project.
This role will report to the Senior Office Administrator.
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile and maintain a register of permits and licenses required to develop and operate a mine in Tanzania.
- Execute permitting submissions to authorities from start for new applications as well as renewals.
- Coordinate with Heads of department in preparation of permits requirement plan to ensure full compliance.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly permitting reports.
- Advice Tembo Nickel when there are changes in permit application processes and requirements.
applicable authorities to confirm permitting process and documents
required for approval, turnaround timeframe, and maintain a record of
- Monitor and maintain of all Tembo Nickel permits and licenses relating to the SML, PL as well as the refinery license.
reminders to ensure that all permit renewals are done on time and Heads
of departments are fully aware of renewal dates and requirements for
- Communicate with leadership regarding permit statuses when necessary and advice permit application or renewal process.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- 5 years experience related to major projects permits.
- Experience with permit-handling with government offices is an added advantage.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email email@example.com or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge Application closing date is 5th August, 2022.
We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on
merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment
process. Women are strongly encouraged to Apply