|Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) 2022
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Position: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading
premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as
Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and
Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an
important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our
brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in
Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a
subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business
unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the NSE
in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest
beer company with a market share of around 20%.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include
Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in
Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo
international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff,
Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Purpose of the Role:
The prime function of this role is:To
ensure compliance for all health & safety and environmental
standards and site(s)/ market regulatory requirements.
health & safety and environmental agenda, planning and developing
performance, standards, frameworks and capabilities to meet the market /
site(s) scorecard targets, aligned with Diageo’s Strategy.
and embed risk prevention programmes, minimise risk of harm to
reputation through not meeting regulatory and stakeholder requirements
(internal and external)
The significance of this role is
important as an in-market lead implementing the wider company health
& safety and environmental strategy, policy and programs that
promote health and safety Excellence and sustainable development, which
is identified as a business priority, and in line with Diageo’s Blue
Print strategy, Global Environmental Policy, Code of Business Conduct,
and 2020 targets. which is identified as a business priority.
for health & safety and environmental management – executing the
Diageo OPEX standards, blueprint strategy, code of conduct and health
& Safety and environmental policy at site.
- Provide health
& safety and environmental technical leadership and coaching to
operational teams on meeting Diageo standards and targets.
- Set site health & safety and environmental targets and develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Ensure that any improvements implemented are standardized and sustained within operational teams.
disciplined about the importance of adhering to health & safety and
environmental standards across the site. Expect others to be
disciplined and never walk past anything, which does not meet the
- Audit, analyses and report health & safety and
environmental performance to internal and external stakeholders and
- Carry out impact assessments to identify,
assess and reduce the organization’s health & Safety and
environmental risks and financial costs; managing risk and contingency
- Operate as part of an integrated management team, managing expectations and escalating issues as required.
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to provide expert analysis of performance and improvement opportunities.
and implement health & Safety and environmental management systems
to continually improve our delivery of Safety Excellence.
necessary, liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public
bodies and competent bodies. Write health & Safety and
environmental reports, assuming the health & Safety and
environmental lead responsibility for the site
- On call to respond to emergencies at the plant.
- Ensure effluent treatment plant (ETP) is well maintained and deliver compliant effluent discharge
Qualifications and Experience Required:
degree in environmenttal science/Chemical Engineering/safety or
Degree/Diploma in Occupational safety & environment from recognized
University /institution /NEBOSH qualification.
- At least three 3 years’ experience in, same capacity/field and preferably in FMCG.
- Knowledge of Occupational & health best practices
- In-depth Understanding Risk evaluation and management.
- Ability to manage people safety behaviours, coaching and development
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or ManEx. Added advantage
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Key attributes of the role to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Thinking and reasoning skills
- Passion on safety
- Excellent on verbal communication skills
- Legal understanding of occupational health and environmental regulations
- Analytical thinking skills
- Math knowledge
- Patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situation
Worker Type: Regular
Primary Location: Mwanza
Thanks for reading New Job Vacancy Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) – Environmental Health & Safety Manager