We are a diversified standalone
African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of
products and services across personal and business banking, corporate
and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest
diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries
across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Absa Group Limited
is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified
financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the
continent and around 41 000 employees.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius,
Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in
Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have
representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance
operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and
Corporate Credit Manager
Position: Corporate Credit Manager
Location: Absa House – ABTBring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank
with regional and international expertise, a career with our family
offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to
reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
• A member of a Corporate Team responsible for providing credit solutions to customers
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and analyse credit requests with a view of providing solution to customers.
with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements, and
other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products
- Prepare credit applications for Corporate Banking customers for purpose of recommending to the Sanctioners.
- Work with RM in obtaining all pre clearances like compliance clearance
- Co-ordinate execution of other documentation and draw down of facilities.
historic and projected financial information to identify key issues and
monitor compliance with covenants and terms prior to discussing with
- Act as the joint contact for credit management purposes for Credit Teams
- Attend customer meetings with the Relationship Managers if credit related issues are to be discussed/ need to be resolved
• Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit related policies
• Liaise with Credit Team for limit approval/allocation in line with mandate and scale
• Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
·Monitor quality of the portfolio through tracking past dues and excess with strict compliance with conditional approvals.
- Ensure timely submission of quality EW, RRCC and excess Reports.
- Monitor Risk triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Collate customer produced financial information.
- Ensure borrowing clients are 100% KYC complaint.
- Provide technical input and undertake research for Relationship Manager in connection with proposed security.
- A proactive approach to identifying EW accounts – No sudden slippages into Business support and Recovery.
- No movement of account to BSR without going through EW
- Liaise with Credit on credit applications and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Attend Relationship Team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving client performance
and Control quality of portfolio using ‘Condition of Sanction’ triggers
where possible. Discussing with Sanctioners deteriorating trends and
trigger events if they give cause for concern and advising the
Relationship Manager simultaneously.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study wherever required.
- Prepare Credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of credit CCRS and Audit ready at any time
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your
business area and help to understand why these happened and how to
prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control
environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you
operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
a vigil on the Portfolio Monitoring Reports/ Credit Monitoring
processes & ensuring that procedures/Policies are complied with any
deviations to be escalated to Unit Head/ Head Credit & Operational
- Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money
laundering and assist in the Banks efforts in combating it by adhering
to the key principles in relation to : identifying our customer, knowing
our customer, reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records
and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics,
including regulatory and business conduct, across Absa Bank. This
includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and
spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Meeting customers needs
- Managing relationships
- Self confidence
- Analytical thinking
- Active listening
- Working with others
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Models
- Basic keyboard skills
- Writing skills.Proficient in use of internal computer systems.
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
A good knowledge of:
based products and services frequently used by Corporate/Global
Corporates customers including features, tariff/pricing and
- Internal instructions/procedures
- The roles and responsibilities of other members of the Relationship Team.
and services offered by other areas of the Absa Group which are
frequently used by Corporate/Global Corporates customers including
features, tariff/pricing and availability.
- The Bank’s service standards.
products, processes or issues to act as ‘Team Expert’ in areas which
complement detailed knowledge of other team members.
of the roles and responsibilities of individual based in other areas of
the Absa Group who could typically have some involvement with the
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers.
Other requirements specific to the role:
- There are no specific qualifications other than the Bank’s entry requirements.
- Undertaking or having completed A.C.I.B. examinations, relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,475 POSTS)
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Technical Securities
- Financial Analysis and Lending skills
- Business development and selling skills
Others * Please give details.
Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the
actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the
performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Agreed by Current Job Holder
Agreed by Line Manager
Co-signed by People Function
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Deadline: 19th May, 2022
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE