Job Title: Engineer (Construction Projects Officer)
About the job
Qatar Charity, headquartered in Doha/Qatar is a non-profit, non-governmental organization active in more than 40 countries in Asia, Europe and Africa. The Qatar society was expressing a deep willingness to contribute to the international solidarity chain and to participate in addressing the most important development and humanitarian challenges faced by vulnerable communities around the world. As part of the efforts of cooperation and expansion to enforce implementation of development plans to open a regional office in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Our main activity in all countries including UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA is to give support provision and encouraging humanity work. furthermore, the consolidation of charitable work by support citizenship value and human rights as well. In additional we intending to provide the support to the whole humanity aspects such as social, water and education as has been mentioned.
Job Title: Engineer (Construction Projects Officer)
The main purpose recruiting is to fill the position below:
managing the various construction projects implemented by the Qatar Charity office in the country concerned, in order to complete them in accordance with the highest required technical standards and within the budgets allocated to them. The construction projects official undertakes the procedures of preparing technical studies and contracting procedures with the implementing agencies and constantly communicating with them. The construction manager also undertakes the initial and final handover procedures.
Job Requirement: (Education and Qualification)
- Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
- Professional experience not less than 5 years in the field.
- Computer skills (INTERNATIONAL COMPUTING DRIVING LICENCE) ICDL.
- Languages (English and Swahili) must be able to read, write and speak fluently.
- Should have a certificate in Project Management for PMP Professionals.
- He/She must be able to read, write and speak fluently in Arabic (as all reports are in Arabic language.)
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Comply with all policies, systems and procedures in force in Qatar Charity.
- Participate in preparing the office’s annual plans in accordance with the planning procedures and mechanisms followed in Qatar Charity.
- Enhancing the capabilities of the office in working with the latest possible methods in the implementation of construction projects according to the highest specifications.
- Choosing the consulting offices and the contracting companies implemented in accordance with the standards and procedures that are exhausting in the association.
- Ensuring that all legal, administrative, technical and financial conditions necessary for launching the approved construction projects are met on time.
- Supervising the selection of human resources and work teams required to implement approved construction projects, and follow-up and evaluation of the performance of workers in these projects.
- Responding with the required speed to the demands of the headquarters regarding the completed or ongoing construction projects.
- Preparing and updating the cash flows of the construction projects being completed periodically, preparing requests for the payment of installments due in a timely manner, and making sure that they are entered into the accounts of the relevant projects, and that the contracting parties receive their dues on time.
- Participation in the office’s tender committee and adherence to its work procedures to ensure the conclusion of all contracts for projects in a transparent and fair manner.
- Follow up with the contracted parties (consulting offices, contractors, suppliers) regarding construction projects and ensure that these parties implement their obligations towards the contracted projects in full respect of the contractual terms.
- Preparing technical and financial reports on the construction projects being completed and referring them to the competent authorities on time.
- Performing the procedures for the temporary and final delivery of the completed works in accordance with the procedures and tools used in the association.
- Documentation and archiving of information and documents related to construction projects, in order to allow the information to be saved and retrieved when needed easily.
- Communicate with various stakeholders and provide them with the required information and reports in a timely manner.
- Searching for appropriate solutions to the problems and difficulties that may hinder the implementation of construction projects.
- Facilitate the follow-up and evaluation missions carried out by the headquarters or any other entity assigned by the headquarters.
- Close the completed construction projects, issue final technical and financial reports in this regard, and permanently close their accounts.
- Preparing architectural, civil plans & bill of quantity (BOQ).
- Must be Tanzanian citizen
- Fully aware of Tanzania municipal regulations, policies and procedures and local laws.
- Understanding of the Qatar Charity cultural and political environment.
- Personal Attributes
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
The Main Objectives of the Job:
- Completion of the approved construction projects in accordance with the approved technical standards and within the limits of the allocated budget.
- Choosing the parties to contract with to complete the construction projects.
- Receipt of construction projects in accordance with the agreed terms.
- Communicate with the various stakeholders and prepare technical and financial reports on construction projects
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Application Letter and Cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com using the “Job tittle” as subject of the email.