AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
SWISSAID is a Swiss foundation for development cooperation,
working in 9 countries with partner organisations to fight hunger,
poverty and inequality. SWISSAID has been active and supporting partner
organisations in Tanzania since the 1970s. The current country programme
2019-2024 focusses on the following objectives:
- Improved sustainable rural livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
- Enhanced transparency and accountability in the extractive sector and increased responsible mining in the ASM sub-sector.
- Improved livelihood and leadership for women
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
For further information please see www.swissaid.ch/en/countries/tanzania
has a Coordination Office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in the
regions of Lindi and Mtwara. The current team has 25 staff members plus 5
secondees and interns. The Management Committee, under the lead of the
Country Representative, consists of the Senior Programme Officers,
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the Programme Administrator. A
Local Advisory Committee composed of national experts advises and
supports the work of the Management Committee on matters of strategic
Position: Country Representative
Following SWISSAID’s global strategy and under the
general supervision of the Tanzania Programme Manager in Switzerland,
the Country Representative is responsible for achieving the objectives
of the SWISSAID programme in Tanzania, and he/she represents SWISSAID’s
interests in Tanzania towards the government, partner organisations and
donors, and ensures SWISSAID’s presence as an effective and reliable
development partner in the country.
Key responsibilities and duties as country representative
Overall management of the SWISSAID Country Programme
and support annual Project Cycle Management (PCM) at the country
programme and project levels, ensuring that SWISSAID’s key themes are
addressed in a relevant manner.
- Oversee the implementation, analyse and anticipate challenges and propose adjustments as required.
the timely and qualitatively adequate reporting of results and
monitoring and evaluation data to headquarters and donors, elaborate
compiled programme reports and (key performance) indicator-based
- Have overall responsibility for the financial
control of the projects and mandates, review financial reporting and
budget forecasts and provide technical support to ensure compliance.
- Maintain relations with governmental stakeholders and ensure compliance to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the development of the next country programme 2025+
Management of the coordination office and of human resources
the team by providing clear direction, addressing staff development,
implementing performance appraisal and management. Coach and motivate
team members through regular meetings, dialogue, feedback and mentoring.
- Support the Senior Programme Managers in their duties towards
their sub-teams and areas of project responsibility, identifying
training needs and support the professional development of team members.
- Regularly monitor and review compliance and adherence to
safety and security, anti-corruption, and protection from sexual
exploitation, abuse and harassment guidelines.
- Monitor the
programme and project implementation environment, including security,
political, environmental and personnel issues that may affect the
- Oversee the monitoring of contracts, provide
recommendations on extensions, promotions, terminations and other
amendments to contracts and lead local staff recruitment processes.
Partnerships and networking
and maintain good relationships with implementing partner organisations
and support them in their organisational development if needed.
and maintain partnerships with other development organisations,
international organisations, bilateral institutions, international NGOs,
line ministries and key government offices,
- Promote and
participate in networks, sector meetings, working groups, etc. on the
thematic priorities of the SWISSAID Country Programme
Resource mobilisation and advocacy
- Actively engage in fundraising and write value propositions in collaboration with SWISSAID headquarters.
- Actively advance new donor partnerships at country level.
in advocacy and lobbying activities in the country, either indirectly
together with partner organisations or directly on behalf of SWISSAID.
Cooperation with headquarters
- Regularly interact with the Programme Managers to plan and report programme and project progress.
participate in institutional processes at institutional global level
(e.g. development of strategies and concepts, knowledge exchange
meetings and communities of practice)
- Ensure contributions from
the field to communication and fundraising, as well as to participation
in global initiatives managed by headquarters.
Your ideal profile
succeed in this position, you are an experienced development
practitioner and an experienced and professional manager. As a leader
you are mature and value based, with the commitment, business ethics,
experience and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles.
Country Representative it is crucial that you have excellent ability to
organise, plan, prioritise and communicate your work. For this you have
great analytical skills and a strategic approach. You work
innovatively, know how to identify opportunities and act upon them
responsibly. You know what it takes to deliver results and make
well-analysed decisions in a timely manner. You share SWISSAID’s vision
Education and work experience
degree in development cooperation, public administration, business
management, or other social, legal or environmental/agricultural
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant professional
experience in international cooperation in governmental or
non-governmental organizations, designing and implementing complex
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior
management position with responsibility for human and financial
resources, program management and program administration.
in managing programmes in the areas of agroecology / organic
agriculture and/or gender mainstreaming and/or in sustainable and
responsible extractives is an advantage.
- Proven fundraising and networking skills.
- Work experience in Tanzania is an advantage.
- Full professional competence in written and verbal communication in English is essential
- Working knowledge of Swahili is an advantage, willingness to learn it is mandatory.
with standard program and data management tools, as well as
results-based management and monitoring and evaluation approaches and
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of any other common ICT software and internet software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Terms and conditions
this internationally recruited position, SWISSAID offers the selected
candidate a long-term employment contract after a successful six months
probation period. SWISSAID is looking for candidates interested to stay a
minimum of 3 years in this position. Latest starting date is 1 June
SWISSAID values diversity in all areas of operations. We
welcome qualified applications from all nationalities, genders,
ethnicities and religious beliefs.
Applications (including letter of motivation and CV) should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing date: 19.01.2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted until 31.01.2022.