in Tanzania 2022: New Job Vacancies at Palladium International Tanzania 2022
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2022 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2022
Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) Business Environment Advocacy Lead
Tanzania, United Republic of | req12718
Position: Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) Business Environment Advocacy Lead
Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and
delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring
social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and
investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of
more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global
network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies
and, most importantly, people’s lives.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of
society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation,
creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to
ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job
applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of
their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are
not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity,
religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality,
veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any
adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a
neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our
team at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
– We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium
to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from
harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who
come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free
from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced
selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a
rigorous due diligence process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Productivity for Prosperity (P4P) will be a sustainable economic
transformation programme that will look to increase labour productivity
and climate-resilience in Tanzania’s job-creating sectors. It will
achieve this through private sector development (investment
facilitation, trade facilitation and building capabilities of firms) and
business environment reform (supporting proportionate and predictable
regulation). P4P will also provide a single streamlined platform to
support the UK’s economic and climate diplomacy in Tanzania, in
partnership with CDC and the Department for International Trade.
to business environment reform, P4P will include the implementation of a
Business Environment Advocacy Facility workstream, whose objective will
be to increase the lobbying effectiveness of business organisations and
advocacy groups to push for business environment reform.
responsibilities of the Business Environment Advocacy Lead are outlined
below. It is to be noted that these are not exhaustive and may evolve
with the delivery of the programme.
and manage a strong relationship with reputable locally based business
membership organisations and advocacy groups during the course of the
programme, including (although not limited to) the British Business
Group (BBG), CEO Round Table, the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation
- Collaborate with the Political Director to manage
engagements and develop linkages between business membership
organisations, advocacy groups and the Government of Tanzania,
- Assist the Political Director in representing the programme both with client offices, and external audiences as needed.
strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme
progress and challenges with Palladium’s core team and the client.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Programme Senior Manager, the Strategy Director and the Political Director.
Strategy and Operational Planning
the development of the Business Environment Advocacy Workstream
strategy and an adaptive approach to deliver the programme outputs in
cooperation and consultation with technical advisors, Programme
Director, Strategy/Political Directors, FCDO, partners, the government
and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Programme’s Director
& Senior Manager in the preparation of workstream relevant work
plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and
other plans as required.
- Programme Management
Senior Programme Manager in the effective implementation of workstream
related work plans and to ensure delivery it stays on time, within
budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually
- Monitor workstream implementation progress; maintain
up-to-date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage
and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as
- Ensure good governance & compliance practices,
including Due Diligence of partners and hired external consultants; or
development of programme manual.
- Support the Programme
Leadership, when relevant, in preparing high level discussions with FCDO
and in developing any internal/external-facing documents related to the
- Guide, nurture and manage STTAs, supporting them in delivery of their workplan deliverables.
- Coach and offer feedback and advice and technical input in and when required.
- Recruit, hire and manage consultants as needed to carry out activities.
Financial Management and Administration
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates Value for Money.
- Ensure the programme adheres to the budget and oversee budget variations and contract amendments.
- Substantial experience in working with Tanzanian business membership organisations and advocacy groups.
- Experience working with key government departments and institutions involved in business reform.
- Experience in supporting private sector development and business reform.
- Very good understanding of governance, public administration and key private sector players
- Experience working with donor (preferably FCDO) funded programmes
- Strong expertise in leading complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff.
- Strong experience in managing complex teams.
MODE OF APPLICATION