|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)|
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) 2021
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita
Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an
international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with
operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is
situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania,
only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the
nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in
Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a
supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Career Opportunities: Attendant 3 – Lamproom (17730)
Position: Attendant 3 – Lamproom
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Underground Mining.
Re Reporting to: Supervisor – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
core aim of this role is to ensure all equipment are stored, issued,
maintained, or repaired to the Lamp-room standard operating practices.
Task’s assignments include housekeeping, inspections, and repair works,
and other assignment related to all lamproom facilities.
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
- Computer Knowledge especially Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in mining environment or related industries
- Established experience with the following product technologies:
- Mine Lighting Equipment,
- Battery Charging Equipment,
- Fire Detection Systems
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Store and issue lamps self-contain self-rescuers (SCSR), M-Lites and gas instruments.
- Ensure lamps are fully charged before issuing to users.
- Ensure records are kept of specific individuals to whom equipment is issued.
- Keep records of SCSR’s tested, plan and advise Safety department of gear requiring tightness test.
- Ensure records are kept of equipment maintenance for compliance purposes.
- Notify the Underground Mine Manager of cap lamps or SCSR’s not returned at the end of a shift.
- Ensure good housekeeping is always maintained in the lamp room.
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor – Underground Mining
- Doing regular inspections of equipment, repairs, and equipment replacement
- Report any lost or damaged tooling
- To attend and participate in Regular departmental Safety and Toolbox meetings
- Think about job before commencement – Mini risk assessment
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass medical examinations.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork. Must be able to solve problems.
- Solid history of reliability and good work ethic
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification
- Computer Literate – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of
relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and
addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are
not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Attendant 3 – Lamproom.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have
their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or
Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 02nd January 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to
present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination
certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test
and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures
including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your
hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML
does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be
asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity,
please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation
Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our
whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates
apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com