Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at The
University of California San Francisco (UCSF), 2021
AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2021 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2021
Job Opportunity – Health Information Systems Developer (C#)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Start date: February 1, 2022
University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year
Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and
health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of
Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC)
as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
(PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are recruiting an
individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to
serve as a Health Information Systems Developer with a focus on C#
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is a full-time 12-month position with the possibility of extension
subject to continued funding. The position is expected to start on
February 1, 2022.
Main duties and responsibilities:
the supervision of the Health Information Systems Director, the HIS
Developer shall be responsible for designing, developing, implementing,
testing, maintaining, auditing, and improving new and existing health
information systems and project software. The developer will also bring
expertise to activities related to developing EMR (electronic medical
records), Lab, and other health information systems. The developer shall
also ensure that all software developed conforms to set software
development standards by conducting rigorous diagnosis, tests, code
debugging, and technical documentation through reference manuals.
Specific responsibilities include:
with the HIS team to design software solutions by studying information
needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes while adhering to
the software development lifecycle.
- Evaluate, maintain, and evolve existing health information systems such as CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics, and Monthly Portal.
the HIS team in designing and implementing interoperability between
existing health information systems such as CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics,
Monthly Portal, Lab Visual Tool, IQSMS, PTCQI, etc.
- Support the piloting, rollout, training, and maintenance of HIS systems to Implementing Partners.
- Investigate, analyze, and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develop and coordinate software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
reference materials for users by writing operating instructions,
flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Undertake other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science,
software engineering, or information systems required. Experience
working with health information systems required.
knowledge and skill with C# programming language. Advanced knowledge in
Python and other common programming languages is an added advantage.
minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer or engineer;
demonstrable experience in developing a variety of software systems
while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design,
implementation, and development tasks [reference required].
experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant
relational database engines as part of the overall application
architecture (experience with at least two of the following is highly
desirable: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Access).
- Working experience using jQuery, Git, Restful web services, Agile methodology, and android SDK.
in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in
mixed environments including Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and
- Demonstrable skills in enterprise application integration.
- Ability to work successfully in a team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks under tight deadlines
Method of Application
applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the
minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information
supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by December 31,2021.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.