Project Management Officer
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar Es Salaam , Tanzania
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB- (JOB SUMMARY)
- The PMO Officer shall be responsible for the maintenance of defined project management framework to ensure the
- successful delivery of projects undertaken by Insurance Company of Tanzania Ltd – Medical through effective
- coordination, tracking and reporting on ongoing projects.
Project Definition and Planning (30%)
1. Support development of business requirements to meet their strategic objectives, including assistance in the development of business cases and project charters / project initiation documents for the related projects including the comprehensive project plan.
2. Define scope and plan the project and agree structure and deliverables based on the agreed/signed off business Requirements
3. Prepare and agree detailed project responsibilities and deliverables as per the governance structure including onboarding of vendors with appropriate contractual terms
4. Ensure all project investments are well funded and resourced and that all concerned parties are aware of their responsibilities in achieving the successful delivery of the associated projects
Project Management (50%)
1. Manage and lead the Project team to deliver projects in-country.
2. Establish and maintain the correct structures to control and monitor the initiation, progress and delivery of the project and comply with the correct structures in line with Project Management Methodology
3. Actively participate in all phases and activities of the project and provide specialist guidance to the project team, particularly in project definition, requirements analysis, business and technical design and change control activities.
4. Prepare current and accurate forecast of costs, cash flow, timescales and resource requirements and agree with the Project Steering Committee
5. Identify and manage all program/project issues and risks including their appropriate escalation and contingency management
6. Monitor and control the use of resources and funds against the original budget or, where appropriate the latest allocation. Gain agreement for all changes to the project as necessary.
7. Provide regular and accurate progress reports and updated plans on a regular basis but at least on monthly basis to the project, impacted stakeholders
8. Ensure that all service contracts are in place (signed and executed) before project is implemented
9. Manage the full lifecycle of development from full business case, the handover of project deliverables, completion of the project to post-project review ensuring quality deliverables throughout.
Quality Assurance and Controls (10%)
1. Develop Project Management Standard document(s) and set up systems for planning, tracking, ensuring compliance and reporting on project resources, progress, and results
2. Establish an agreed audit plan to monitor progress on a regular basis and to audit quality, as and when appropriate, throughout the life of the project.
3. Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, and internal Jubilee Policies and Policy Standards.
4. Ensure accomplishment of set targets and results for projects/portfolios, delivery of services as per the agreed terms and conditions and in a timely manner.
5. Ensure adequate quality management procedures are applied across Jubilee Insurance projects.
Capacity Building and Leadership (10%)
1. Provide advice and support to project management staff and project members on how to embed best practices of project and program governance, risk management, project, and program management
2. Support and provide training and internal consulting in project and program management and provide project and program development advice and assistance to Jubilee Insurance staff as required
3. People and skills – identify skills and competence shortages to deliver the portfolio of changes and recommend suitable development.
4. Manage and lead the project team
1. Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, IT or related field with Minimum of seven years’ experience in
1. PMP / PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification / MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner)
2. Ability to work remotely
3. Ability to use ICT and web-based management systems effectively as a project management tool and resource
CLICK HERE TO APPLY