in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at PATH Tanzania 2021
Strategic Data Use Lead, Tanzania Country Program
Tracking Code 11099
is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by
bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises,
and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With
expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and
dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales
solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and
innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is currently recruiting for a Strategic Data Use Lead who will support a
CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s
Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB
Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance,
Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s
goal is to increase the ability of Tanzania’s health information
systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data
quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and
emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely
with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to
organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS
and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration
of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to
support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered
clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic
The Strategic Data Use Lead will be responsible
for providing technical leadership for the cultural transformation of
data use for decision-making activities. This role will be responsible
for identifying strategies that will help facilitate behavior change in
healthcare workers at all levels to utilize data to take evidence-based
actions using high-quality data. The role will also provide technical
input on data use tools, including but not limited to providing input on
reporting structures to encourage high rates of data quality and use.
He/she will also be responsible for monitoring data flow and data
quality from the point of collection. The ideal candidate will have
working knowledge and expertise in data management, analysis, and
visualization. The Strategic Data Use Director will be a part of the
Senior Management Team and report to the Project Director. This position
is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Provide overall leadership on HIV/TB related data use vision, strategy, concept, and roadmap for products and solutions
- Lead the identification, testing, and development of data use interventions.
strategic technical guidance and direction to the project in
collaboration with partners to ensure alignment with the latest
technical information, evidence, and approaches in the data use field.
the MoHCDGEC in coordinating the design, testing, and development of
interventions to foster behavior change on the use of data for
- Work in close collaboration with other partners to influence the use of data for early detection of epidemics at all levels.
the design and development of user-friendly data visualization products
(dashboards and standard analyses) to facilitate evidenced based
- Lead the development of strategies to support and sustain data use interventions at all levels of the health system.
- Lead the development of a cascaded training curriculum for data use for decision making.
closely with Business Analyst and Software Developers to ensure
analytics and dashboards are designed to promote decision making and
respond to user requirements.
- Ensure that data use needs from
the end users are appropriately represented and that the design,
planning, and implementation of the proposed data use interventions
address the needs in a sustainable and systemic manner.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies.
implementation of standardized methodology for actionable data review
processes, including root cause analysis, asking the right questions to
better interpret data, monitoring actions
- Capture data use examples demonstrating how data can be used in real-time for continuous service delivery quality improvement.
in designing mechanism to understand adoption of the developed digital
health across different levels and develop corresponding change
management interventions to support their deployment and implementation.
- Lead in development of mechanism of monitoring of data
utilization by end users towards the achievement of project goals and
report any challenge thereof to continuously improve on project
- Support the MOH in building capacity and devising
strategies that will ensure that MOH staff own, know how to use, and
that they put developed data use products to efficient and continuous
use in their routine duties.
- Ensure data use solutions meet
client needs and HIV/TB program strategic objectives and goals and
provide oversight in ensuring high quality of HIV/TB service delivery
- Ensure that developed data use products meet prevailing standards including security and confidentiality.
degree in public health, epidemiology, or a related field is required.
Candidates with clinical background will have an added advantage
- Strong academic and practical background in social behavior science and social transformation
- A minimum of six years’ of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
- In-depth understanding of HIV/AIDS service delivery across the continuum or care.
experience and understanding of HIV/AIDS program interventions across
the health system. Experience on PEPFAR-funded projects desired.
- A strong track record of successfully managing programs, including previously serving in a senior management role.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of HIV/AIDS data use needs across all level of health system and associated barriers.
- in depth knowledge of the Tanzania health information systems and structures for the provision of HIV services.
experience working with a broad range of stakeholders on the
development of national strategies, plans, and programs
developing and implementing continuous quality improvement (CQI)
strategies in the health care sector is an added advantage.
ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level
colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and
comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, CDC,
USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building,
written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint desired.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be
considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic
information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type Full-Time/Regular