AJIRA MPYA TANZANIA 2021 | NAFASI MPYA ZA KAZI 2021
UAP Insurance Tanzania is a member of the UAP Old Mutual Group
in East Africa, which is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Limited (OML). UAP
Insurance has been in operations in Tanzania since 2013 following the
acquisition of the majority stake in Century Insurance Company.
are proud of our contribution in the growth of the Insurance Industry
and our commitment is to enable our customers achieve their financial
goals through the provision of innovative insurance solutions.
Insurance Tanzania contributes to the communities that we operate in
through CSR activities in education, health and social welfare and
participates in industry initiatives aimed at improving financial
literacy and inclusiveness in the country.
The Company operates a
large footprint in the country with offices in all major cities and now
wishes to recruit a high caliber individual to fill the following senior
- Full time
Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
ensure that the company business is professionally underwritten to an
acceptable standard within the underwriting guidelines and arranged
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
3. Key outputs
The following key outputs are required from this role.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Generations of renewal notices and follow up.
- Prepare premium invoices and collection.
- Works closely with BD marketing staff/agents, brokers to develop and maintain positive business partnerships
- Liaison with brokers/agents and direct clients to verify information, explain and interpret coverage.
- Ensure compliance with standards of service/Customer service charter in all underwriting operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be requested by Management.
4. Deliverables (work elements)
The following detailed outputs are required from this role.
Quotations and Risk Acceptances
- Ensure quotations allocated are done and approved by the Underwriting Manager and dispatched within the agreed turnaround time
new motor and domestic package proposals which meets acceptable
underwriting standards subject to approval by the Senior Underwriter
within the delegated authority
Underwriting Process and Procedures
- Analyze and assess proposal forms and risk notes and confirm correctness within the acceptable underwriting standards
- Register and input all allocated new business in the system within the agreed turnaround time
- Prepare /Issue policies for all classes of insurance within the system within the agreed turnaround time
- Process all endorsements within the agreed turnaround time
- Respond to all correspondence within the agreed turnaround time
- Ensure adherence to all the process procedures and controls
and assess proposals and risk notes and report to the team leader on
the need to carry out surveys for small to medium size non-standard
- Communicate with the team leader on the client’s progress
on the implementation of surveyor’s recommendations in improving the
status of risks written
on the allocated renewal scrutiny listing 2 months prior to expiry of
policy and dispatch renewal notices to producers/clients1 month prior to
- Follow up allocated policies falling due for
renewal and provide weekly report to Senior Underwriter to ensure
achievement of monthly retention ratio of at least 90%
- Liaising with the Reinsurance Section regarding risks requiring facultative reinsurance placements.
Filing – Comply with the agreed filing and record keeping system Customer Service
- Attend to direct customers who visit the office for inquiry and provide prompt attention and efficient service
- Enforce credit control and effect cancellation for policies not paid to ensure that premium is paid for risks accepted
- Ensure all monies collected are banked on daily basis
5. Key competencies
The following key behavioural competencies are required to be successful in this role.
• Marketing and customer relations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organized and self-driven
• Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance slips
• Good analytical skills
• Computer knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good understanding of general Insurance products
- Insurance And Risk Management (Required)
Closing Date 23 October 2021