ADVERTISEMENT FOR JOB VACANCIES
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position title: Clinical Advisor – HIV Prevention and treatment (9 Positions)
Reports to: District Managers
Location: Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga with 75% field travel
To provide technical support to health care providers (HCPs) on provision of high-quality client centered, multidisciplinary family-focused HIV prevention, and treatment at services at supported facilities in Shinyanga, Kigoma and Pwani regions. This entails targeted HIV testing services, optimized Provider Initiated testing and Counseling (PITC), same day enrollment into antiretroviral treatment (ART) of newly identified PLHIV, effective adherence and retention strategies and minimizing lost to follow up (LTFU), TB integration, opportunistic infection prevention, and ensuring viral load suppression. S/He will work with the PMTCT/Pediatrics field officers and community services team to ensure that HCPs, expert clients and community volunteers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage infants, children and adolescents living with HIV according to national and international standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To conduct supportive supervision, on job training, continuous medical education and training to HCPs and supportive cadres on client centered comprehensive HIV services towards epidemic
- Under leadership of District Managers support HFs in the assigned districts to implement program activities that meet targets on HIV prevention, treatment, adherence and retention to ART, TB/HIV collaborative activities, HTS, PMTCT, Laboratory, CECAP and GBV; (also DREAMS in Shinyanga and VMMC in Shinyanga and Kigoma regions).
- Support health providers and community teams to implement evidence-based innovations to retain key and vulnerable populations living with HIV identified in community settings
- Ensure PLHIV efficient HVL and TB samples transported and results documentation for proper HIV viral load monitoring.
- Facilitate pediatric optimization for pediatric clients on ART in the assigned
- To ensure QI initiatives are implemented in all supported HFs in the
- Ensure availability of national HIV prevention and treatment guidelines and tools at supported sites.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- Medical Doctor (or equivalent) form recognized Post graduate training will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in donor funded HIV program implementation
- Familiarity with national, regional and district level health care programs in
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills especially on Ms Word, power point and
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.