We have an exciting position for an experienced professional to join our field team in Tanzania.
100% one-year fixed contract with a possibility of an extension
Place of Assignment
Mahenge, Ulanga, Morogoro, Tanzania, with frequent travels in the district.
Start of Contract – January 2022
Reporting to: Project Manager
SolidarMed improves health care for 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, South Africa, and India. We strengthen existing medical facilities and train local health personnel. Our projects are developed in close cooperation with local partners such as hospitals, health centres and health authorities, supported by our health experts on the ground. SolidarMed’s vision is access to good health care, and we strategically focus on:
- Protecting mothers, children, and adolescents.
- Fighting diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and cancer
- Improving the quality of health service provision at health facilities and communities – Primary Health Care and Community Health.
- Supporting the training and further education of health staff.
- Sharing knowledge and raising awareness.
- SolidarMed works efficiently, conscientiously, and transparently. SolidarMed continuously reviews all projects for their effectiveness and improves them accordingly.
In Tanzania, SolidarMed has been active since 1999. From the very beginning, SolidarMed has partnered with the Government of Tanzania to improve the quality of health service provision at the hospitals and primary health care facilities including training to skilled health staff in Manyara and Morogoro regions. Through our integrated approach in and with the health system at all levels, SolidarMed strengthens the synergies between the different levels of the health system and thus fostering improvement in processes and active participation of both, right holders, and duty bearers.
In 2022 SolidarMed will start the implementation of two new projects: “AHA!” ( Adolescent’s Health in Adolescent’s Hand; project area is Ulanga District) and the project “safe delivery and healthy newborn” (project area is Ulanga and Kilombero District as well as Morogoro town). The project coordinator will be member of the project team and support the activities implementation of these two projects within the framework of the project documents under the supervision of the project manager. The project coordinator will be required to work closely with the project team, the district councils, Council Health Management Teams, community development departments and education departments in the project districts as well as with the SolidarMed team from the other projects and the country office
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the project manager, lead the implementation of both projects within the framework of all relevant project documents such as logical framework, budgets, annual plans, and agreement with local partners
- Ensure that all relevant partners, stakeholders, and authorities are fully included and involved in all project cycle management steps.
- Ensure joint implementation and full embedment of the projects components in the district health system.
- Actively contribute and participate in strategic developments of the projects in collaboration with the project manager, country director and headquarter; a proactive behaviour is expected.
- Exchange regularly knowledge and experience with other projects in SolidarMed program and other project partners in all levels.
- Maintain and develop collaboration with other partners and stakeholders from regional to community level
- With support from the project manager, contribute to timely preparation and submission of annual project documents such as annual plans, budget, report.
- Ensure quality monitoring of activities, according to the project indicators, including photo documentation
- Ensure efficient and effectiveness financial management of project funds
- Adhere to SolidarMed rules and regulations, such as the Code of Conduct, the Organization Handbook, and the Integrity Policies
- Enhance reputation and visibility of SolidarMed locally, nationally and all other levels.
- Degree in relevant field such as community development, social welfare, planning, management, health related field.; working experience in the health sector is an added value.
- At least three years of work experience
- Knowledge and experience in the project cycle management and use of log frame and indicators
- Good communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Applied Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
- Strong working knowledge of English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application to email@example.com citing reference Project Coordinator and include –
Your CV maximum three pages with three referees.
A maximum one pager covering letter outlining your motivation.
Deadline for submission of application is 8th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.