Organization profile: IMA World Health (IMA) is a member of Corus International, a consortium of organizations working together to deliver holistic, durable solutions to the interconnected challenges of poverty, poor health outcomes, and climate change. Established in 1960, IMA has a long history of successfully collaborating with governments, faith-based organizations, national partners, and the private sector to provide quality healthcare for the most vulnerable. Today, IMA builds the capacities of local partners and governments to strengthen existing health systems, prevent and treat diseases, improve maternal and child health, promote nutrition and WASH, respond to sexual and gender-based violence, and contribute to global health security. In Tanzania, IMA has long working relationship with the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) to control and eliminate neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) through morbidity management and mass drug administration campaigns in the endemic regions of Mainland Tanzania. IMA and the MOHCDGEC are jointly implementing ‘SAFE’ program to eliminate blinding trachoma in Pwani, Simiyu, Kagera and Rukwa Region through trachomatous trichiasis (TT) surgery under funding support from the Conrad N. Hilton funds (CNHF).
POSITION: TEMPORARY DRIVERS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving program vehicles as directed and performs basic maintenance procedures to ensure the longest working life possible for this vital capital equipment.
- Keeping track of maintenance record of vehicle (s) to ensure that service schedules are adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle service is due.
- Providing advance notice to drive project vehicle in the filed for IMA World Health programs.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to office and businesses as appropriate and while on safari when directed.
- Drive long distance with or without IMA Staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulations.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g., Insurance & Road license are up to date.
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by your superiors.
- Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is always kept secure
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, and mileage at end of each month.
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have at least Form IV education.
- Must have at least Advanced Driver’s Certificate Grade Two from the National Institute of Transport
- Must have a valid driver’s license of C1 level.
- Should have at least 5 years’ experience with good driving record with no major accidents in the past 3 years. Experience in NGO setting will be an added advantage.
How to apply; To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 29th September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.