IT Support Engineer
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for an IT – Application Support Engineer Position. The role reports directly to the IT lead Applications and Solutions in IT Department. He/She will be responsible for basic technical operations especially managing integrations with external parties.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to;
1. Drive AM Standard Integrations with 3rd parties;
- Support all L1 MFS Functions for Operations especially standard integrations with 3rd parties
- Work with AM Partner, ensure clear roadmap for an integration and manage implantation from initiation to go live
- Must be able to prioritize integrations based on business demands
- Contribute to the overall success of the business as a member of Tech. Operational Team
2. Ensure Stability and Reliability;
- Ensure rigorous and adequate regression test post live deployment of standard integrations. Ensure all services are working as expected without deviations in terms of functionality and charges.
- Minimize potential risk of outages that can impact customer experience by proactively planning and providing adequate information on integration go live.
3. Manage Partner Relationship;
- Manage the AM 3rd parties adequately well to ensure timely service delivery to agreed quality and SLA.
- Ensure 3rd parties are well supported in case of incident continuous alignment of IT actions with Business Imperatives – Ensure partner(s) develop and target IT capabilities towards high impact business initiatives
4. Manage Timely Rollout of Reports to Business;
- Ensure appropriate reports are shared in timely manner with business team.
- In situations where reports are not delivered due to technical issues, ensure immediate resolution to prevent gaps in business operation.
Qualifications and Experience;
- University degree in any Technology field BSC in Computer Science
- Conversant with Databases Oracle, Mysql or MSSQL
- Competent with MS Office Applications
- Minimum of 2 experience in IT preferably within Telecommunication industry
Competencies and Behavior required;
- Able to Drive Execution Excellence-Focused & Results Oriented
- Customer- Centric-Disciplined & Responsible
- Able to build collaborative Relationships-Listens to understand, curious/ respectful
- Able to build teams, develop talent and also work on self-Development.Be entrepreneurial -Has a growth mindset, Aspire to win, challenge & question
Deadline for receiving applications is 15th September 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 September 2021.