Little Wonders Company Limited, 2021
Position: Workshop Supervisor
Place of Work: Dar Es Salaam and other regions as assigned
Business / Employer name: LITTLE WONDERS COMPANY LIMITED
Company Industry: Construction, Logistic and Transportation
Job Level: Field/Site level
Work Type: Full Time
Education Qualification: At least Diploma in Mechanics or Automotive Engineering
Years of Experience: 5 years
Number of Positions: 1.
We are looking for committed candidate to manage our workshop activities for Dar es Salaam region office managing various construction projects, logistics and Transportation under the Government of Tanzania through regional authorities.
We require a person to manage mechanical activities in the workshop and conduct him/herself in a friendly and professional manner to fulfill all relevant paperwork and admin requirements where applicable as a Workshop Supervisor.
Workshop Supervisor Responsibilities include:
- Confer with drivers, operators, and mechanics to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed.
- Estimate costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the vehicle or machine.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the day-to-day running of the garage, e.g., by writing work orders and by arranging for garage staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on machines and vehicles.
- Repair, maintain and service vehicles/machines and their mechanical and electronic components.
- Ensure that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice at reasonable cost.
- Checking activities in the garage, inspect completed work for defects and making sure that they are repaired.
- Maintain records of repair and service work, and make reports to detect recurrent faults.
- Making sure that all Health and Safety requirements set by company management are enforced and adhered to.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Making sure that all removed defects spare parts are kept and recorded properly
- Ensure that workshop area is clean and tidy.
- Perform any other related duties as it may be required.
- Proven experience as Mechanics and Automobile
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g., callipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures, practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
Job application procedure
Little Wonders Company Limited,
P.O. Box 33316,
Dar es Salaam – Tanzania.
Application deadline: 30-08-2021.