Accounts Payable & Payroll clerk
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
DAR ES SALAAM , Tanzania | Posted on 06/11/2021
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Jaza is a solar energy start-up, working to power Sub-Saharan Africa, where there are over 600,000,000 people living without electricity.
Jaza believes that a mix of people, technology and capital can connect Jaza’s market to the future of how people live and work around the world.
The company builds solar powered shops, called hubs, which are used to charge batteries customers use to power their homes. A single hub serves hundreds of households.
The company employs women from each Jaza community to run the service, empowering the Jaza team to become leaders, entrepreneurs and drivers of economic growth within their communities.
For more information on what we are building, check out www.jazaenergy.com
To date, Jaza Energy has commissioned 60 hubs and reached over 40,000 people. Jaza
Energy is a Canadian enterprise with core activities in Tanzania.
- The candidate for this position will be responsible for accounts payable & preparation of
- Tanzanian payroll & required reports for TRA, assisting with monthly & annual budget preparation & financial reporting and monthly bank reconciliations.
- They will have a high attention to detail and the perseverance to get things done.
- The company is seeking a detailed oriented, and highly accountable individual that can work as part of the team. Experience and a proven track record will help demonstrate your ability, but we are flexible on how you show us you’re up for the job. We want the best candidate and that may
- come from any background.
- Preparation of payments for approval
- Filing supporting documents for all payments issued
Tanzanian Payroll Preparation & Reporting to TRA
- Preparation of monthly pay slips for approval
- Preparation of monthly WCF, NHIF, NSSF, ZSSF, TRA-SDL & PAYE reports & payments
- Preparation of monthly,Half year & annual reports for TRA as required● Assistance as required to Financial Controller
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Jaza
- Ability and willingness to work on a flexible schedule
- Strong understanding of accounting and administrative methods with the Tanzanian context
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Swahili and English
- Ability to take direction but also to work with minimal direct supervision and manage multiple tasks while being a committed team player
- Computer proficient with Google sheets, Google Drive digital record keeping & email communications.
- Ability and willingness to learn and to pass on informatio
- High attention to detail.
Qualifications and Relevant Experiences:
- Minimum Diploma/ Degree holder
- Strong financial management experience and a proven attention to detail is a must
- 2+ years experience in financing / financial management is preferred
What Jaza Values
Jaza practices equal opportunity and believes that the company’s market should be reflected in the team.
Technology and renewable energy can bridge the gap between Jaza’s market and a more equitable future. The company exists to empower the 1.2 billion people living globally without electricity and is proving that viable businesses can be built serving an often overlooked market.
Here are some of the values Jaza practices:
Extreme Accountability – Owning the outcomes of your actions is one of the leading indicators of success. No excuses and no avoiding responsibility – Jaza looks for people that can take on the results of their actions, good or bad, and deal with the reality of their actions.
Growth Mindset – Do you want more for yourself? Do you focus on what you can fix vs. what is broken? Are you able to take tough feedback in order to level-up? If you want to see what you’re made of, and have high expectations for your future this is the job for you.
Clear Communicator – Can you explain complex systems clearly? Can you tailor a message for an audience?
Beginner’s Mind – Are you capable of thinking outside of the box? Can you look at problems from multiple angles?
Jaza believes in continuous improvement and is never afraid to go back to the basics in order to improve.How to apply – please send a cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at Jaza plus an up-to-date CV to email@example.com