Finance & Administration Assistant
People & Wildlife (TPW) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to
the conservation of wildlife and important natural habitats through a
community-driven approach. TPW helps rural communities develop their
skills and abilities to protect natural resources in a manner that
maximizes their benefits from these landscapes while also preserving
ecological integrity. Emphasizing the critical importance of
community-led initiatives, the organization provides information,
training and service level support to its rural constituencies to
strengthen local institutions and community-driven actions for natural
resource management and wildlife conservation.
TPW operates from
the Noloholo Environmental Center on the Maasai Steppe in Northern
Tanzania. Sharing a boundary with Tarangire National Park, this center
acts as TPW’s regional headquarters as well as an educational center
where rural community members improve their understanding of the
environment and develop hands-on skills in natural resource management.
From this center, TPW operates programs in four major programmatic
areas: 1) wildlife conservation and human-wildlife conflict prevention,
(2) youth environmental education and adult capacity building &
training, (3) natural resource conservation and rangeland management,
and (4) environmentally-sustainable conservation enterprise and
With its growing programmatic areas, TPW is looking
to hire a Finance and Administration Assistant to join a team of strong
willed and passionate individuals.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
is seeking a passionate, energetic and hard-working individual to fill
the position of Finance & Administration Assistant as part of our
team based in Noloholo Environmental Center. The successful applicant
will assist TPW’s Finance and Administration Officer in daily finance
activities. The job will require experience with accounting and finance,
preferably but not limited to in the conservation field. The successful
candidate must have impressive communication and interpersonal skills
and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse
stakeholders. This job is based in a rural setting and the successful
candidate must be willing to live in an environment where some basic
needs are not available
- Maintaining Books of Accounts
- Ensure that all confidential personnel files are kept in original form
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Ensure financials are updated and documented in Quick Books
- Prepare and submit monthly finance reports to the Director of Programs and Executive Director
- Track all expenses against budgets and make recommendations based on variances
- Reconcile all bank Accounts
- Maintaining the filling system of all payment vouchers
- Maintain fixed asset register book
- Assist an organization to comply with different regulatory authorities like TRA, WCF, NSSF etc
- Financial report preparation
- To ensure that all staffs are comply with TPW policies
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
successful candidate should have interest in and experience with
accounting. The candidate should also demonstrate interest in
conservation careers and environmental issues. We are looking for an
individual with the ability to learn quickly, work in a team, and
collaborate with diverse communities. Preference will be given to
candidates with prior experience in conservation and community
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2021 (1,149 POSTS)
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in one of the above fields
- Proven experience in finance and accounting
- Proven experience working with rural communities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including training and capacity building, and respect for other cultures
- Experience with community-based conservation
- Willingness to live and work in the field (must be willing to camp)
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Proficiency with accounting software Quickbooks
Reports to: TPW Finance and Administration Officer
Duration: January – December 2021 (with possible extension)
Salary & Benefits: Salary in line with job requirements and qualifications, basic housing and food provided onsite.
To Apply: Tanzania People & Wildlife is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Assistant in the subject line by January 27th, 2021:
Cover letter outlining interest in applying along with relevant experience, qualifications, and skills
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.