Water and Sanitation Finance Team Leader
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://ift.tt/1JGwAiR) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential WASH Finance Team Leader position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
The Water and Sanitation Finance Team Leader will manage efforts to expand access to finance for small-town water utilities, community-based water management organizations, and other water and sanitation service enterprises. Potential sources of finance include the Tanzania National Water Fund, commercial banks, microfinance institutions, development banks, and local governments. The team leader will also manage efforts to improve water and sanitation service provider business performance and planning, cost/fee recovery and address other constraints to credit-worthiness.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Designing and implementing financial and operational performance improvement plans for community or utility-scale water and sanitation service providers. Strong experience and results in a related sector will be considered.
- Linking financial institutions to promising businesses that provide water and sanitation products or services.
- Developing and delivering relevant capacity building programs for public sector entities
- Advanced degree relevant to a specific area of specialization (public administration, finance, economics, business, or related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing teams providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
- Demonstrated experience providing technical input and/or advisory services related to WASH financing;
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania working successfully within a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, verbal and written
- Fluency in English
Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/WshFiTL
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 January, 2021