The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body
established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the
Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery
of social services (health and education) by the member churches in
Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network
of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105
large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In
addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned
education facilities. Majority of these church health and education
facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the
Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International
Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA)
Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities
(HFs) and improve health service deliveryby the CSSC network of
church-based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population.
Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will
strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in
Reproductive, Maternal, New born, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH),
HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has
got two major components.
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerial
sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain
Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at
HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of
RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
New Jobs at CSSC in Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya (PATA) Project Funded by USAID, 2020
view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly
qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in
the following vacant positions below..
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Title: Quality Improvement Officers – 4 Posts Report to
: Quality Improvement Coordinator Location:
Tabora, Arusha, Morogoro and MbeyaJob Summary:
Quality officer in the PATA Activity will be responsible to support
implementation of quality improvement activities in FBO health
facilities in selected regions. These include, sensitization of facility
owners and management to adopt the selected quality improvement
initiatives, support establishment and strengthening of Quality
Improvement Teams (QIT), and facilitate availability of systems and
structures that promote provision of quality health services in FBO
health facilities. S/he will be responsible to link the provision of
quality health services with improvement of business performance of
these facilities. Recommended:
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Duties and Responsibilities
and conduct sensitization meetings to health facility owners and
management regarding adoption of quality improvement initiatives in
- Develop Quality improvement plans for the Health Facilities (HFs).
- Enter and process data collected from HFs assessment and monitoring into a selected platform
and participate in regular monitoring of progress towards achieving the
planned activities and providing technical support to facilities for
stepwise quality improvement.
- Support establishment/strengthening of Quality Improvement Teams (QIT) in FBO health facilities.
- Coordinate and participate in the need-based training and mentoring of HFs on different quality improvement components.
- Support cost-effective quality improvement activities that can improve service delivery and boost HF business performance.
- Inventories the available SOP’s, guidelines and policies to be included in the CSSC online resource centre
- Assist facilities in the provision of client-cantered services so as to improve FBO client-base
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Nursing or any related health sciences from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Midwifery, health related field is desirable.
Experiences and Skills
- At least three years post professional experience in Clinical work and Quality improvement.
- Demonstrated skills on the concepts of Quality improvement and Business approaches in health care.
interpersonal and team-building skills, ability to work effectively
with different levels of health and non- health professional cadres.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft office suite, databases and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience of working in tight timelines and meeting reporting requirements would be an added advantage.
- Self-driven, initiative taking professionalism is an asset for this position.
collaborative and ability to organize and prioritize demanding
activities. Work effectively in a team and be able to work under limited
Mode of Application
candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest
CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject
line of your job application email should indicate the position that
you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information
(email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable
referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted
within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MORE LATEST TANZANIAN JOBS 2020. CLICK HERE!