Director of a Christian Primary School
Christ Church International School
Director, Christian Primary
Christ Church International School in Arusha, Tanzania
Seeking a School Administrator with a heart for Christian education! CCIS is now recruiting its new director to begin January 2021. The Director position works as a liaison between the Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro and its primary school, Christ Church International School.
The ideal candidate brings the vision, leadership, and administrative skills needed to guide the development of a Christian international school for a sustainable future.
A spiritual journey and personal adventure await. This quaint primary school campus is located between the foothills of majestic Mount Meru and the bustling town of Arusha, the gateway to several of Tanzania’s wildlife parks and Mount Kilimanjaro.
We Are Seeking An Experienced School Director To
- Ensure a culture of community and support for students, families, staff, and visitors
- Establish the school’s long-term operational capacity by supporting all non-instructional operations, including:
- Development of work flow systems, procedures, and policies
- Liaise with school owner (Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro) to support compliance with national and international school regulations
- Collaborate with school principal to ensure high-quality academic and extracurricular programmes.
- Oversee budget and establish fee structure to support nonprofit model positioned for expansion.
- Partner with professionals and stakeholders to maximize operational performance:
- Guide a board of directors to achieve operational excellence
- Provide leadership and training for the administration team
- Assist the Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro on recruitment of international staff
- Coordination of logistics
- Student transportation
- Foreign staff and student protocols in conjunction with Diocese of Mount Kilimanjaro
- School safety and security
- School food programme
- Plan & manage school events
- Oversee logistics of school ceremonies and special events
- Manager of Facilities
- Servant heart, an attitude of grace, committed to supporting a loving school culture
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Education, Public Administration, International Development/Policy, Business, or related field
- Commitment to building and supporting a multicultural community
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting school’s needs
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Management and supervisory experience required; ability to manage strategic operations and influence direction
- Energized by the prospect of managing projects and initiatives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- International experience preferred, especially in developing and/or African country.
- Verbal and written communication skills within a multicultural, international workforce
Sound like you?
We encourage interested applicants to submit their Curriculum Vitae/Resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com Copy to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are continuously being reviewed.