Head of Customer Service
Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more countries than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 45 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes.
We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
To design, develop and execute customer service initiatives and strategies that will ensure service excellence and delivery of best-in-class service to DHL customers.
Country Customer Service Management Function
- Provide direction for initiatives targeted towards : improving customer service satisfaction, maximizing revenue generating opportunities, restoring customer confidence during service recovery incidents, developing plans for encouraging the use of eCom tools and devise plans to enhance customer loyalty
- Drive achievement of all KPI targets through effective management of the Customer Service function in the country.
Senior Management Team
- Function as the key contact point for customer escalation issues, for serious shipment related incidents and follow up on issues assigned by the country General Manager
Strategic Planning with:
- Customer Care / Key Accounts / Contact Centre/ Customer Service Development
- Manage contact centre operations efficiently and effectively in order to meet customer’s expectations proactively via phone, mail, fax, email or website whilst adhering to stipulated service level agreements.
- Deploy creative service recovery initiatives to restore confidence in the event of service failure at the customer care and trace management sections.
- Collaborate with the Sales / Key Account department for driving up customer loyalty from the country’s top accounts through the provision of personal, dedicated, proactive and customized solutions to encourage customer loyalty and improve business volume and profitability
- Work with the Customer Service Department to ensure all Customer Service staff is knowledgeable, competent and skilled to consistently deliver best-in-class customer service and that Customer Service systems adequately support the needs of staff to execute their roles as well as the needs for performance and management reporting.
Regional Office & Sub function Managers
- Devise new projects, initiatives and standards with Regional office (where applicable) for the country Customer Service department through participation in workgroups and steering committees focused on revenue generation, programs enhancing eCom tools via automated modes and customer service programs focused on creating positive customer service experiences.
- Liaise with Area Office, Worldwide Network, OPS, IT, CPD etc for service development and enhancement to maintain our competitive edge
- Work with HR manager to fulfil staff recruitment requirements, retention and development initiatives
- Co-ordinate legal cases arising from shipment related incidents and claims and liaise with assigned legal counsels where necessary
- Develop strategies to meet DHL’s company business strategy and vision in the country and target market
- Initiate continuous improvement to processes and systems in service provision and service recovery through frequent and scheduled audits and analysis of service incidents and complaints.
- Plan the annual operational plan for the department on areas pertaining to the Management of the country CS department
- Lead and drive customer satisfaction by providing best in class standards with a view towards establishing and maintaining a competitive advantage.
- Ensuring the day to day operation of the Customer Service department is in compliance with the Centre of Excellence (COE) standards.
- Continuously drive quality improvement with providing leadership in addressing customer feedback received through various means e.g NPA, PCIS, Customer Interaction Study and other forms.
Maximising Revenue Generating Opportunities
- Identify and promote areas with potential for revenue generation to cross-sell, upsell services including value added services (e.g SII, TDX and the use of eCom tools)
Standardisation and Consistency of Practices
- Motivating and retaining the best of customer service talents within DHL to enhance customer service experiences for customers and develop staff to the maximum potential.
- Reduce the cost of doing business by leveraging technology, redefining or eliminating manual and redundant business processes.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the Customer Service Department.