Head; Digital Sales
NMB Bank Plc
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
To lead the Retail Digital Sales strategy for the bank, as well as drive new accounts and usage in order to generate profitable sales for Retail banking digital products and provide leadership and direction to a sales taskforce so as to drive the performance of Digital Banking products in the branches and subsequently increase usage to meet overall NFI revenue objective.
- Developing and implementing digital sales strategies that further the department’s agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation for the business
- In partnership with other key stakeholders, create and implement sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI’s for the business.
- Drive Retail banking digital sales growth keep and track of the overall performance across the network.
- Revenue planning and target setting for digital banking, aligning with strategic roadmap and revenue expectations.
- Understand and monitor basic revenue models and P/L; meet financial objectives by forecasting; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances, performance reviews and initiating corrective actions.
- Identify areas of improvement in sales strategies with a view of establishing actionable insights for improving of sales and business profits
- Work together with Retail Product development unit in creating product intelligence, for example, product/brand adjacencies, conducting trend analysis, and ensuring that these are aligned to support and drive digital sales and conversion.
- In collaboration with Retail Products, monitor the development of the business products from its conceptualization to testing and launch
- Work closely with the analytics department in processing relevant data and information, translating it into actionable strategies that drive sales and lead to achievement of targets.
- Work with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to Retail MANCO, Retail sales and Zone management.
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders and customers by ensuring regular interactions with them by attending sales workshops, seminars as well as hosting sales events for the business products
- Provide sales and service leadership to drive the performance of the branches (process and structure) in joint responsibility with zone for staffing and productivity management.
- Develop weekly/monthly/annual and sales targets for the department
- Establish and oversee the adoption of departmental vision and values
- Accountable for effective resource planning, management, reporting and coordination of projects/initiatives to deliver change in line with availability and business requirements.
- Design and implement service experience including training field officers (Digital Channel Ambassador and Direct Sales Staff) and Relationship Managers
- Build and develop high performing teams through embedding performance development culture.
- Ensure team members own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in timely manner. Act as escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Create an empowering environment for team members, encourage individual ownership and initiative
- In-depth knowledge of Bank alternative channels business; understanding of banked and unbanked customer base, market segments, pricing, products & services, knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, -bank policies & procedures.
- Solid analytical, critical and creative problem solving skills with an understanding of how to utilize electronic delivery channels to meet business goals
- Change management; project management Skills.
- Digital sales skills
- A proven self-starter with ability to work under high pressure environment
- A result driven ‘team player’, personality with a willingness and ability to work in a dynamic working environment.
- Data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong character in communication, presentations and negotiation skills.
- Stay up-to-date with needs, preferences, trends and practices which impact customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or any Business related field.
- MBA or any Master’s degree in Business related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience and at least 4 years in a senior sales leadership role with deep knowledge in Banks Alternative channels (Digital Banking) and/or MFS/MNO business, financial inclusion and/or financial services and digital products.
- Proven record in driving digital channel initiatives with success
- Experience in leveraging data, research, and experience to influence strategic roadmap and develop business cases
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted for this role.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.