6 Month Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
Work on numerous Greenfield projects, holding some of the
responsibility to both design and implement the infrastructures,
environments and solutions,
• To understand and document the
essential components of core networks provided by Vodafone Group and
Vodacom Group between our MPesa OPCO’s, and their associated change
control processes and SLA’s.
• To understand and document the
essential components of the local market networks in our Mpesa Opco’s
and their associated change control processes and SLA’s.
• To use
the above to be able to design end to end network changes in order to
support the creation of new application services.
• To be able to effect network changes either hands on, through change process or by directing others.
• To be able to test and sign off network changes performed for projects.
• To understand network availability and performance monitoring and
ensure that best practice is applied in these areas to ensure the
continuity and safety of Mpesa services
• To understand network
security including VPNs, certificates and encryption mechanisms and how
they can be applied for safe communication of data.
• To identify
areas where security or other attributes could be improved and use
exception and risk logs to track their improvements
• Communicate between partner overseas software development teams and local customers.
• Define system specifications, input/output processes and hardware or software compatibility.
• Engage in subsystems’ design analysis and integrate with overall system.
• Extend technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
• Create professional technical documentations and present for internal and external use.
• Code integration activities and perform branch integration.
• Systems and developer workspace management.
• Develop and automate change validation to tools before roll out and handle validation.
• Evaluate, select, roll out and support off-shelf tools to improve partner productivity.
• Execute and upgrade integrated interfaces.
• Assist clients to test integrated interfaces
• Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology.
Specifically, Broad and deep technical knowledge of the following as a
MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP,
ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS,
BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access
products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering
& transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
• Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
• Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
• Demonstrable thought leadership into emerging technologies for
example Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualisation
as well as others (Not needed).
• Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.
• Good background on Hw and Sw characteristics and lifecycle, in depth
understanding of features and how they work in real environment
• Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP Networks.
• Competent with AWS Cloud infrastructure and services, Infrastructure as Code specifically Terraform scripts
• Experience with Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
• Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of scripting languages to create well organised, readable
and tested code to deliver within the constraints of continuous
integration and delivery environments
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• 5 or more years of Technical experience across on networking and
integration components in terms of architecture, design , implementation
• CCIE (or equivalent) certification preferred
MODE OF APPLICATION
Send your CV’s to : email@example.com
or apply online through the link below…