Job Title: Relationship Manager; Corporate Banking – Northern Zone
Senior Manager; Corporate Banking
Northern Zone (Arusha, Moshi & Tanga)
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2020
To develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of corporate
clients, while developing, improving, promoting and selling NMB’s
products and services to ensure that NMB’s current and future Corporate
customers find solutions for their financial needs.
- Manage existing customer relationships through regular contacts and
visits by ensuring customers banking needs are addressed effectively in a
- Partner with product team and other internal staff to deliver a
clear account plan that is based on understanding of client needs and
provide appropriate solutions for clients across relevant products by
capitalizing on bank’s competitive attributes e.g. Network, balance
sheet, brand etc.
- Manage the development of prudently priced assets, cost effective
long term liability with reputable companies and organizations in order
to ensure the Bank’s maximum profitability.
- Maintain a high quality of the asset book, ensure excellent performance and maximum returns of the portfolio.
- Adhere to high professional standards and strive to provide quality
services and competitive pricing to clients by ensuring delivery of
industry-leading customer service, premier on-boarding. experience and
advisory service to new and existing Corporate Customers.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for
new profitable customers from the identified target sectors and exploit
cross selling opportunities.
- Gather information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
- Proactively manage client portfolio in compliance with regulatory
environment, keeping up with bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures
to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
- Maintain high standard of operational controls including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
- Embed NMB values and code of conduct by ensuring adherence to the
highest standards of ethics with relevant policies, processes and
- Consult with staff in Risk, Credit, Legal and Compliance departments
to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the
policies of the bank.
Skills and Knowledge
- Business understanding of bank’s customer base and market segments.
- Strong product knowledge in Treasury, Cash Management, Trade Finance etc.
- Knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, bank policies & procedures.
- Technical: Customer Relationship Management, Risk and Credit skills, strong analytical skills
- Behavioral: Building Positive Working Relationships, Communication,
Team player, Facilitating Change, Decision Making, Formal Presentation,
Planning & Organizing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing Statistics or Research.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Business-related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Relationship Management managing corporate clients.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days
of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application
or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the
payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is September 23, 2020
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam