|Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology Tanzania|
Location Mwanza, Tanzania
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a Service Technician
Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and
maintenance of mechanical and / or electrical aspects of underground and
surface mining equipment and components according to defined
specifications and is also responsible for new equipment commissioning
and training at customer sites.
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determining faults and malfunctions
equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts components or
systems according to scope of work to restore equipment to original
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Complying with SMRT safety policies and identifying/reporting any unsafe work habits
- Maintaining hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Other duties as assigned by the Manage
- Diploma in Electrical Field and Experience in Heavy Duty Equipment (or equivalent)
- At least5 years’ related experience with mining equipment (surface and underground)
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required)
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
How to Apply:
candidates can apply through the link at the end of this advert. We
thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered
for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering
an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees
and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated
to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities
in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity
to reach their full potential.