Western Tanzania Regional Manager
What is the opportunity?
Working under the direct supervision of the Water Mission – Tanzania Country Program Director, this position is responsible for applying sound project and program management techniques, engineering principles, and excellent written and verbal communication skills to manage a regional office in Tanzania. This position oversees large, solar powered water projects in multiple locations. The Regional Manager will manage scopes of work, schedules, budgets, water sources, treatment and storage installations, and access points for these large projects. This role will require establishing residence in Kasulu, Tanzania (in the Kigoma region) for a minimum of two years. Given the required location, travel to and from the applicant’s country/location of permanent residence will be provided once per year. A successful Western Tanzania Regional Manager will:
- Study, embrace, advocate, and lead staff to understand and adhere to Water Mission vision, mission, standards, and values in all areas of office and project operations
- Abide by the policies and requirements of the Water Mission Code of Conduct and Staff Policy Manual for Tanzania (a copy available upon request)
- Work in a team environment to provide leadership, direction, and assistance for engineers, technicians, community development staff, administrative personnel, and volunteers
- Prepare written proposals and cost estimates
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects in different locations
- Maintain good communications with Water Mission staff and partner organizations
- Ensure that each portion of the work is executed according to an agreed upon Scope of Work, Design, Schedule and Budget to a best-in-class level of excellence according to WM standards
- Prepare and submit Project Status Reports
- Provide training to other organizations regarding maintenance and operation of solutions
- Provide approval of all program and project related expenses and purchase orders
- Conduct field inspections and site assessments
- Participate in disaster response activities as needed
- Prepare and make presentations to the operations team, strategic partners, donors, and volunteers
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical or other Engineering field, or Construction Management, Science or Mathematics.
- 7+ years of progressive engineering, including project management experience of large, million dollar engineering projects
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with engineering software such as MS Project, AutoCAD, etc.
- Excellent analytical, project management, relationship and conflict resolution, and verbal and written communication skills
- P.E. license preferred
- The position is contingent upon successfully applying and being granted a permit to work in Tanzania on a full-time extended basis
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment is a Scam