- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
RADIOGRAPHER – (1 POSITION)
- Prepare exam room and equipment to conduct Ultrasound or Mammographic examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assist physicians with biopsy procedures, guiding biopsy instrument using Sonographic techniques.
- Perform ultrasound procedures, color doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound, Ob-Gyn procedures as required.
- Prepare exam room and equipment to conduct X-ray examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions and confirming anticipated service with patients before examination.
- Monitors the patient’s physical condition and ensure their comfort during the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, supervisor and/or Radiologist
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Radiography from a recognized University /Collage.
- Must be registered with the Medical Radiology & Imaging Professionals Council.
- At least one year of working experience.
- Be familiar and experienced in JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.