- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
- Supervise maintenance workers, work levels and review work performance assessment and other human resource issues, coordinate work assignments and workflow within the department.
- Maintain attendance register of maintenance workers, allocate day to day work to technicians and arrange work shifts for maintenance technicians
- Plans, schedules, supervise, and inspect the work of subordinate staff engaged in the maintenance, repair, etc.
- Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Prepare and order equipment and suppliers (goods/spares required for each Job) to support facilities maintenance activities and supervise the execution of each job.
- Conduct periodic inspections of each facility to determine overall condition and needed repairs, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Ensures daily readings and Log Keeping of all mechanical/electrical equipment e.g. chillers, generators, boilers, pumps: this is used for analyzing the efficiency of running the equipment.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering recognized University/ College.
- A minimum of four (4) years of facilities maintenance experience including at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace diversity.
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills, inclusive of other’s views.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.