- Company: Aga Khan Health Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
ANAESTHETIC TECHNICIAN – 1 POSITION
- Providing operative anesthesia with pre and post-operative care
- Managing critical care and resuscitation services.
- Managing disaster (Multiple causality) situations.
- Organizing and managing an anesthetic department in the hospital
- Checking & setting up the anesthetic machine
- Preparing intravenous drugs and therapy administration equipment
- Preparing a range of devices to maintain the patient’s airway (e.g. laryngeal masks, endotracheal tube)
- Communicating with the patient when they arrive into the operating theatre, verifying the pre-operative checklist for allergies, informed consent and past medical history.
- Applying anesthetic monitoring to help assess the patients’ condition whilst under anesthesia including electrocardiography (ECG), blood pressure and oxygen saturation devices.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Anesthesia Course from recognized institution
- Diploma in Nursing from recognized institution
- Minimal 2 years experience in a recognized institution.
- Has good theoretical knowledge related to clinical ailments and related nursing care
- Valid License with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Nursing Council (TNMC)
- Certification in ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM. CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.