Program Officer, Pediatrics HIV and AIDS (2)
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the following positions.
Position Title: Program Officer, Pediatrics HIV and AIDS (2)
Location: Simiyu and Mara
Reporting to:- Pediatric HIV and AIDS Coordinator
Purpose of post:
Program Officer, Pediatrics is a self-motivated individual who will provide oversight and technical assistance to districts to enable them provide quality comprehensive pediatric HIV and AIDS care, support and treatment services. He/ she will be required to provide clinical advice and direction in the implementation of scaling-up of pediatric HIV and EID services within AGPAHI He/ She will coordinate pediatric HIV and EID activities and program components within AGPAHI implementing sites and participate in planning of pediatric activities including HIV Early Infant Diagnosis (HEID)
- Assists in co-ordination of Pediatric Care and Treatment and HEID in the programs
- Coordinate the management of Pediatric HIV and AIDS related activities within AGPAHI implementation sites.
- Participate in planning and implement Early Infant Diagnosis program and integration of EID with HIV Pediatric Care and Treatment.
- Participate in planning and implement agreed initiatives in scaling up pediatric HIV and AIDS services.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners in planning and supervision of pediatric HIV and Care activities, EID and MNCH.
- Participate in organizing trainings and mentorship on Pediatric HIV and AIDS to CHMTs and RHMTs and site Staff
- To assist in program monitoring and evaluation of Pediatric HIV and AIDS related
- Liaise with Pediatric HIV and AID mentors and ensure pediatric clinical mentorship is conducted at site level.
- Coordinate and organize pediatric clinical attachment for site staff at BAYLOR- Mwanza
- Interact with district mentors to assess needs and provide technical support where need identified
- To ensure establishment of active PITC service at all pediatric entry points.
- Liaise with laboratory and SCM team to support supply chain management services that ensures availability of pediatric HIV commodities (ARV pediatric formulation, DBS kits) at all levels within the districts and maintain continuous communication with MSD
- Liaise with M&E coordinator and ensure availability of growth chart monitoring tools and TB screening at all levels within the district
- Liaise with community program staff within AGPAHI to coordinate linkages and referral networks for exposed and infected infants/children within the supported districts
- To collaborate with RHMTs,CHMTs and Hospital Management Teams to design , implement innovative strategies for improving the quality of pediatric HIV and EID services
- Work closely with AGPAHI technical Staff to ensure monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual donor reporting of Pediatric HIV and AIDS indicators are well prepared and submitted timely.
- Liaise with RCH Manager and ensure implementation of pediatric HIV and AIDS activities at local partner sites.
- Provide technical inputs and assistance to health facilities and AGPAHI staff
- Visit health facilities and provide onsite technical assistance to health facilities and project staff including sit- ins at the clinic days on pediatric issues.
- In collaboration with CHMTs identify site staff training needs, organize and facilitate Pediatric HIV and AIDS training when deemed necessary.
- Provide onsite technical assistance on nutrition and growth monitoring to both project and health facilities staff.
- Provide technical assistance on client flow pattern at pediatric clinic
- Provide technical assistance in formulating post-natal clinics at selected supported sites In collaboration with sub grantees, plan and oversee sub grantee site activities specific for pediatrics as stipulated in proposals (To systematically monitor the progress versus planned activities / targets.)
- Providing feedback to sub grantee and other relevant stakeholders based on integrated supportive supervision, M&E and specific pediatric reports.
- To systematically provide guidance for improvement and follow up whether or not issues around HIV and AIDS have been solved, or advice has been followed.
- Participate in development of proposals and work plans for pediatric activities in BORESHA C&T project and sub grantees
- Supervising district mentors’ pediatric activities and EID services in assigned districts
Facilitate quality improvement of service delivery by sub-grantees
- Apply Ql principles in regular supportive supervision through focusing on priority areas and utilizing Ql-based methods /tools for improvement
- Analyzing and providing feedback on pediatric results to site staff, CHMT, immediate supervisor and where possible RHMT.
- Assist health facilities in formulating, implementing and following up Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs) specific for pediatric indicators.
- Providing technical assistance regularly and when requested through regular supportive supervision, Ql meetings and other site visits.
- Ensure sites trained in Ql meet regularly to discuss quality of services and to plan for improvement where needed.This might require the PO to attend the meeting at the facility or to receive the meeting minutes and submit to SPO-QI.
- Perform pediatric Ql performance measurement to all sites with Ql project when time is due
- Quarterly report to PC Ql on performed activities, challenges and lesson learnt concerning Ql
Facilitate monitoring and evaluation of our sub grantees
- To perform a systematic supervision of M&E systems and to make effective use of M&E data to monitor performance and to provide feedback.
- Assist sites with quarterly preparation of C&T reports when necessary
- Assist in the preparation and review, compilation and submission of PITC reports to the M&E department
- Track Pediatric HIV and EID progress at individuals sites through site visits and reports
- Prepare and share specific pediatric monthly report on the performance and implementation of program activities to Pediatric coordinator
Facilitate communication with partners and donors
- Acts as the main contact person for sub-grantees to coordinate the communication between sub-grantee, Field office and other program staff on pediatric issues.
- Provide feed- back to sub-grantee and other relevant stakeholders based on ISS, M&E and specific departments on pediatric performance.
- Advocate for inclusion of Pediatric HIV and EID activities in the CCHP Reflective practice and organizational learning
- Document lessons learnt and provide inputs into the way forward/best practices for project implementation
- Assist in the dissemination of lessons learnt and better practices from the program
- The PO Pediatric will also perform any other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and ability
Degree in Medical related field Preference will be given to the following;
Minimum (3)three years’ experience in HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment programs
Experience in Pediatric HIV/AIDS programs Clinical experience of Pediatric HIV and AIDS management
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 13th December, 2019 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.