HJFMRI is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Facility HIV Testing Services (HTS) Advisor
Reports to: Associate Director for Clinical Services
Location: Mbeya HQs
Contract: One year, with option(s) to renew
The HTS Advisor will serve as the primary technical expert and contact person for HJFMRI HIV testing services at clinical services/CTC facilities in the regions of Katavi, Rukwa, Songwe and Mbeya. S/he will facilitate the development, modification, and/or adaptation of appropriate HTS strategies, with the goal of improving clinical facility access to HIV testing services. The HTS Advisor is expected to collaborate across technical areas to strengthen the continuum of response from HIV Testing to Care. The incumbent will be responsible for liaising with Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), local and national organizations, including faith based organizations to facilitate the expansion of HIV Testing Services at the health facility level settings. The HTS Advisor will build the capacity of local partner organizations, health facilities and HJFMRI staff to deliver high-quality HIV Testing Services in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania.
The HTS Advisor will work closely with the Clinical and Community services partners to design strategies and coordinate all HIV Testing Services (HTS) at clinical facilities in the four served regions of the Southern Highlands (Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in the development of approaches and strategies at facilities for the establishment or strengthening of HIV Testing and Services (HTS) strategies and activities;
- Work closely with other HJFMRI departments and partners to achieve the overall HTS goal of early identification of HIV+ clients and link them successfully to prevention, care, and treatment services
- Liaise and consult regularly with the relevant authorities, partner organizations, facilities, community leaders and beneficiaries in relation to the planning, design and implementation of HJFMRI and partner HTS activities;
- Develop integrated, innovative and gender sensitive interventions and health facilities for the provision of comprehensive HIV Testing Services of at high risk and key populations, adolescent girls and young women, youths in and out of school, and the general population;
- Build the capacity of the partner organizations and government technical staff to deliver high-quality HIV Testing services;
- Provide on-going support through coaching, supervision visits and mentoring to Clinical partners and facilities as well as HJFMRI staff in implementing HTS activities;
- Document, consolidate and disseminate knowledge and information regarding best practices, lessons learned, and proven approaches both within and outside of HJFMRI;
- Ensure quality implementation, achievement of results for activities within the HJFMRI program and within partner projects, and collaborate with other HJFMRI program departments to ensure effective teamwork;
- Collaborate with partners to develop quality assurance and Improvement mechanisms and ensuresQA and QI are essential components of all HIV Testing Services conform to set requirement and standards;
- Facilitate and provide overall leadership and sound advice at facilities, and improve post-test referrals for all clients to prevention, care, and treatment services;
- Develop annual work plans, budgets and reports for HTS activities; and ensure integration of project activities into wider HJFMRI annual plans;
- Extend technical support to local partners including health facilities in preparing and submitting timely monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
- Travel within the Southern Highlands for the purpose of program management, continued service development, implementation and evaluation of service delivery;
- Work with the SI Department to ensure that HTS program activities are well documented and reported;
- Support Senior Management Team especially in identifying areas requiring policy influence and support implementation and development of long term plans
- Participates in national forums as a member of the HJFMRI Team providing technical expertise in the area of HTS activities ensuring programs are in line with the USG HIV and AIDS in-country strategy;
- Develops and maintain good working relationships with other partners, governmental and non- governmental, within the five regions;
- Provides monthly reports to the program leadership and supervisors;
- Perform any other assignment or duties that may be required to support the general program
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Degree in Nursing with Postgraduate training in Public Health and/or Counseling, psychology, social work or other HIV and AIDS related discipline.
- Knowledge and skills in organizing health campaigns including HTC is desirable
- At least ten years of progressive responsibilities in HIV program management and technical experience in clinic and community based settings, preferably in an outreach context;
- At least five years of experience with HIV Testing programs;
- Demonstrable experience in developing health education materials a plus;
- Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention, globally and in Tanzania
- Proven skills in analysis, communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Ability to use standard software computer applications (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Good communication skills; ability to troubleshoot; ability to work independently and supervise others, must be diplomatic and culturally sensitive,
- 50% travel required
How to Apply
To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal and/or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment. Hand delivery applications will not be accepted. Deadline for submission of the application is November 26th 2019. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the job description below will not be considered. Please manually apply for this job using the details below: Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or transmitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Notifications Faster by:
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)