- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania has the following vacancies below:
Position Title: Community Field Assistant (3)
Location/Work Station: Tanga, Korogwe, Muheza or Handeni/Lushoto
Reports to: Regional Community Services Coordinator
The focus of the Community field Assistant ensuring all the community-based HIV prevention, testing, linkage, and retention services targeting key vulnerable populations (KVP) are implemented at the highest service expected in specific districts He/she will engage and work closely with Health Facilities, and Providers at the Community
settings including collaborating with local government authorities at ward and Village level to
support community based services, with technical advice and guidance from the Community Services Coordinator.
Specific responsibilities and duties:
- Develop work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the district level including supervision of field activities
- Supervise the delivery of field-based HIV prevention services to the KPs/PPs by community outreach workers, including scheduling and implementing day and night mobile outreach campaigns.
- Mentor and supervise community outreach workers regularly and frequently during outreach sessions and lead weekly outreach worker meetings;
- Ensure adequate supplies of commodities (condoms and test kits) and other materials (IEC; data collection tools) to outreach workers.
- Support healthcare workers providing KP/PP friendly services in health facilities and mobile activities via regular supportive supervision.
- Inform and cooperate with local government authorities and other stakeholders on current and upcoming activities for the program
- Participate in the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on KP/PP program
- Regularly conduct routine mapping/re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KPs and PPs are found
- Assist with identifying/screening, recruiting, and training community outreach workers from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
- Review completed data tools on a regular basis and ensure adequate data collection including timely, complete and clean reporting/data transfer to Data Manager
- Manage security of data tools when not in use
- Prepare weekly reports on outreach activities and progress
- Medical/ Social Sciences Diploma, Bachelor Degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills
- At least 2 years of hands on experiences at a position in community based program NGO which is active in health development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding Clients health status and sensitive information in data sources
- Ability to interact well with targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgemental, non-discriminatory and noon stigmatizing environment in the program.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills a team player and builder
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS September 15, 2019. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail will not be accepted. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer however women and people with disability are encouraged to apply and has a non-smoking environment policy;
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted