Network Specialist (Core) (1 Position(s))
Job Location :
organize and deliver cost effective, efficient, and highly available
Core network infrastructure services that efficiently support Data,
Voice and Video while meeting and exceeding business and customers’
expectations (availability, performance, resiliency, security, and
and validate internal customer/business requirements to create
High-Level and Low-Level Network designs that meet and exceed the
- Develop, Implement, and maintain policies,
procedures, processes, standards and guidelines for network resource
administration and appropriate use.
- Manage and ensure optimal
operation of all Core network infrastructure equipment for the Data
Centre Network connecting network segments.
- Conduct research and
propose appropriate recommendations on network products, services,
protocols, and standards in support of network services continuous
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
approaches and technical methods used by Networks team/NOC/Field
Support for Branch Network support and troubleshooting techniques to
ensure smooth branch business operations.
- Review and Support
Data Centre Networks and enhancement of the existing Network
infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
network systems related to NMB branch LAN, WAN, Business partners and
Internet to ensure optimized performance and quality in a secure manner.
with Network Service Providers & Suppliers to ensure that the
bank’s remote channels and business partners integrations are done
effectively and completed within the agreed timelines.
service Contract review and SLA enforcement management as well as bills
validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for
VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as
necessary and custodian of IP Address Management.
- Responsible for managing and executing internal proof of concepts on new technologies to improve network performance.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing to Level 1 Support team & Network Specialists on solutions to un-documented issues.
- Monitor network devices and pinpoint critical issues exceeding thresholds that could lead to downtime
- Support network users with access to network resources.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the bank’s products and operations
- Advanced knowledge of Network Support and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of IP networks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols.
- Advance knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & Lightweight Access Points
of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications
protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and
services, QoS design and operation
- Knowledge of Data Centre
Network Technologies (DC Interconnect, Cisco Nexus, VPC, Cisco ACI, SAN,
UCS, FI etc.) & Voice technologies (E1s, SIP) Rooting and VPNs
(BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, FlexVPN, DMVPN, route redistribution, loop
- In-depth knowledge of Network Automation tools and Software Defined Networks (SDNs) including Cisco SD-Access, SD-WAN and ACI.
- IT Service Management, Communication and Project Management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision.
- Committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Team player that motivates and educates other team members especially level 1 and field support.
- Ability to manage network service providers, vendors, contractors, and others.
- Strong understanding of encryption technologies over wide area networks
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2023 (1,253 POSTS)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related academic field from recognized higher learning institutions.
- CCNP R&S/Enterprise and CCNP DC (aspiration to become CCIE – DC is an added advantage)
Network Professional certifications such as ITILv3, CCIP, CCVP, CCDP,
CCDE, ISE, PCNSE, Fortinet NSE, Checkpoint CCSA & CCSE, Radware, F5,
Arista, AWS, VCP will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years
combined experience in Networking, Security, Telephony, Video and
unified communications, Network design, implementation, and support
- In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, WAN, VPN, Wired and Wireless LAN technologies.
Job opening date : 17-Jan-2023
Job closing date : 31-Jan-2023