Contract Type National contract
Job title: Supply Chain Assistant
Employment band: I
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Team Leader
Direct reports: None
Unit/department: Support Services
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Assistant will ensure efficient and effective
procurement of supplies, services and works providing value for money
and in compliance to best practices as per DRC Supply Chain Operations
Handbooks and donor regulations.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
• Responsible for execution of
procurement activities in in a timely manner achieving value-for money
while fully compliant to DRC and relevant donor procurement procedures
• Work closely with the warehouse unit informing
them of the supply pipeline, and ensure requestors verify supplies at
delivery time. Follow up on timely delivery of supplies ensuring the
items meet approved requestor specifications.
• Support in
ensuring adherence to procurement plans by working closely with relevant
budget-holders and supply chain Team Leader.
• Assist in an
internal and external audit ensuring required information and documents
requested are ready for submission to auditors.
• Before placing
an order, the Supply chain Assistant together with Supply Chain Officer
carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness, and
clarity, verify that the production, shipping information, cost and
delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place
• Conduct delivery follow up for all committed Purchase orders and share with the requestors
• To assist in the verification and review of all procurement
process and documents before placing an order, work, or service
• Facilitate market assessments when needed and update
market records with prices on goods and services requested for
• Timely process the payments for all completed good, service, work and send to Finance for payment
• Complete the purchase form checklist, ensure the procurement file
is complete and correct in accordance with DRC procurement guidelines
before final approval and submission to Finance.
• Follow up on aged invoices and ensure proper reconciliation with complete documentation.
• Crosscheck that the complete procurement folders are filed and are
accessible when required. Ensure that copies of all procurement files
are done and labeled.
• Ensure the filing and archiving of the
procurement file hard copies and the scanned copies on Share point
follow the proper file naming protocol.
• Excellent liaison,
communication and facilitation skill. Engage with relevant authorities
for processing of camp entry permits.
• Observe the DRC Code of
Conduct and DRC’s Anti-Corruption Policy and ensure any potential
conflicts of interest are promptly raised and reported.
• To perform any task requested by your Line Manager
• Weekly PR/PO Tracker status report, Procurement and Payment Tracker
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Experience and technical competencies:
Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement and logistics function in a busy work environment with an NGO or INGO.
Familiar with donor procurement guidelines; UN Agencies, DANIDA, FCDO, USAID, ECHO.
Strong work ethic with high integrity and transparency
Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
Strong skills and experience in using ERP system.
Strong communication and feedback skills.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest
standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s
values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual
exploitation, abuse and harassment.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,475 POSTS)
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
• Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
• DRC Staff
• Suppliers/Service Providers
Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☐ ☒
Collaborating ☐ ☐ ☒
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☐ ☒
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
Download Your National ID (NIDA) Number Here | Download NAMBA NA KITAMBULISHO CHAKO CHA NIDA. BONYEZA HAPA!
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Providing equal opportunities
are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment
based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered
for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity,
nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and
appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique
skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested
candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards
capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s
and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to
uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional
conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including
safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC
conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the
Deadline 29th September 2022.