|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
WASH Technical Assistant – Hygiene promotion
Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 6650
Job Category Assistant
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time Job Description
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the
organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and
accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH
facilities and services, specifically hand washing facilities
house to house visits, focus group discussions and mass hygiene
campaigns to sensitize the community on good hygiene practices – upon
- Carry out community mobilization and sensitization of all NRC WASH activities.
- Conduct school visits to create awareness on proper usage WASH facilities in schools and reports any anomalies
- Assess and analyze emerging public health needs and recommends sustainable practical solutions
- Collate data from the incentive workers, and prepare regular reports on activities and WASH conditions for monitoring.
- Participate in needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene; participates in the
choice of items, targeting strategy, distribution, promotion of
effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
- Prepares reports of WASH related activities
community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of
sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion, in close coordination with
the NRC shelter team
- Support the effective implementation of all WASH activities
- Support WASH Officer with the preparation of IEC materials and hygiene promotion campaigns upon request
account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other
important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and
reporting; carrys out activities in a way that reflects the needs of
specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups,
children, and people with disabilities
- Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community workers
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS, INTERNSHIPS AND VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES 2022 (1,319 POSTS)
in Public Health or relevant professional experience. Possibly
experience in social work and / or humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Conduct.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Duty station: Nyarugusu refugee Camp
Duration : 6 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian
organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across
more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance
to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee,
advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise,
helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for,
respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal
Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting
on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions,
Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health,
safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have
procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to
take away all risks.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and
peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s
lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and
international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts
contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address
challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative
approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Posting Date 08/15/2022, 03:43 PM
Apply Before 08/26/2022, 03:42 PM